Sunday, July 29, 2012

Standards Post #2

InTASC Standard 9(b) The teacher engages in meaningful and appropriate professional learning experiences aligned with his/her own needs and the needs of the learners, school, and system.

While reading this standard, I was reminded of the professional development I have always chosen for myself. I have been stubborn about taking classes where I actually "learn something" as my husband likes to say, teasingly. While he took classes as quickly as he could, I went a totally different route. I chose summer workshops based on the areas I felt I needed to know more. For several years it was math, then reading, writing, science and social studies. Finally, I knew there was a world of technology going on out there, that I was basically burying my head in the sand to avoid. But in this day, children are coming to me with a lot of technology smarts. I feel that it is a natural enticer for children and tool for learning and presenting what is learned. Taking this class is helping me to meet my own needs and the needs of the learners, school and system. I am excited to be putting into practice what I am learning, and sharing it with my students.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited that you're excited! I hope you have fun implementing some of these ideas this fall!

    ReplyDelete