Monday, July 30, 2012

Organizational Tool #5

For my last tool, I chose to begin playing around with a rubric maker from rubistar.com. This site allows you to use ready made rubrics and choose whatever criteria you would like. The first one I did was from what is called a customizable rubric.  I did one for "read to self" time.  It was easy and took only about 3-4 minutes.  Then I decided to try one of the create your own from scratch rubrics.  Louise had told me that it was fairly easy, and so I began.  I had a few snaffu's along the way but then started to get the hang of it.  Sadly when I went to save all of my hard work, and I do mean time consuming in terms of coming up with criteria, it all disappeared. UGH!!!
 Well, I will try again, but a word of caution....  You may want to create your criteria on a word document  and then paste it into the rubric before you have happen to you what I had happen to me.  All in all, I see this as a relatively simple tool to use and I feel rubrics are essential in the classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Pooh, I'm sorry. I think it's a little confusing when you are finished, but if you save to online you it's there and I think you can always go back and do the print or save to disc.
    Losing the work really sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fun. =-( I suppose you could set a 30 minute timer for yourself to make sure you've saved it before the 40 minutes are up . . .

    ReplyDelete